Wednesday 11 July 2012

New makes

Hi everyone!

I have been adding squares to my flower blanket gradually.


It is making slow progress but it is growing at least!  I said in a previous post that I never join as I go but for the first time I felt like I wanted to with this blanket!  Actually, I am enjoying doing it like this.  I make a row of six squares and then join them all.


There are sooo many ends to sew in!  I am going to have to keep doing them as I go as well otherwise I will be overwhelmed at the end! 

Another thing has been distracting me slightly the last week.  I have had the idea floating in my head for a while, but I put it into action a few days ago!  I'm sure those of you with school age children will know how many children have little tags or keyrings on their book bags or PE kits so they know at a glance which bag is theirs. 









So I decided to make some myself!  They fasten with velcro and work very well!  I also made a little red monster (that I didn't take a picture of) that Little Budgie took for his bookbag and Mini Budgie has claimed the bird for his bookbag for when he starts school! 



I had a lot of fun making them and I think they are very cute, especially the bird!  I am working on a different one now and I have lots of idea spinning around my head!  If only I could crochet and create all day!


5 comments:

  1. Loving your blanket squares Rachel, so pretty! Oh and your little book bag charms are adorable, you clever thing!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag key rings! They will be envy of the class! I made a flower one for our suitcase when we went on holiday so it was quick to spot off the plane.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh your blanket is coming on a real treat, I do admire you for being so disciplined and sewing in your ends and squares together as you go rather than at the end. I love a granny blanet but the joining up kills me so I often choose more 'lazy' blankets that don't involve too much stitching :o)
    ps. That blue garden photo is unfortunately not mine, it's my lovely friend Beth's. We only have a little courtyard potted plant garden which i love despite it's little size xox Penelope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply! I have been wanting to paint my chicken coop blue. I love the idea of that colour in the garden! It's lovely to have an outdoor space size it is! Rachel x

      Delete
  4. Hi, I have just popped in to say I love your blanket in progress! I am just learning to crochet, I am making hexagons for a cushion but love making them so much I will continue to make a blanket, I will stop when I find somebody who can stitch them together.

    ReplyDelete