Saturday 30 June 2012

Another week passes by!

Hi everyone!

Wow, a week goes by very quickly!  It has been full of activity with the little ones and their various end of term events.  Little Budgie's school was celebrating it's 100th birthday this week and Dame Vera Lynn came to unveil a mosaic they have all been working on.  They all sang The White Cliffs of Dover to her which she seemed to enjoy and it was a lovely afternoon. 

We have some beautiful lilies in the garden that are providing a happy burst of colour.


They have such vibrant colours and I never get bored of seeing them when I open the curtains in the morning.


On the crafting front, I have completed all my squares for my own special blanket.  I now have to sew in the threads, block the squares and crochet them together.  I am looking forward to completing it and using it!  I have also been busy making more squares for my neice's blanket that I showed you in my last post.  I am getting the hang of it now and the squares are being produced quicker!

My garden friends continue to bring lots of pleasure.  Our little blue tit babies are growing but still have that cute baby appearance which I love.


We've also had a new visitor this week who I have never seen before here.  He is a regular now though and comes frequently throughout the day.


Mr Nuthatch!  Isn't he a beautiful little thing?  I have also wondered if this is a baby as he has quite a fluffy appearance.


I love how he always eats upside down!  It is lovely to watch him.  The peanuts have suddenly gone down very quickly since he has been visiting so I think he must eat lots!

Thank you for all your lovely comments and I am sorry that I haven't been very good at commenting on yours this week.  I am going to have a little catch up read now! 


2 comments:

  1. Hello Rachel,
    Lovely Lovely colours....and gorgeous Lilies.
    Don't know about you and if you do but I'd probably lose a lot of time sitting with a good cuppa tea and watching these blue tits and the nut-catchers performance daily....the simple life for them but watching birds can be fascinating and so relaxing. This may sound a bit lame to some. These photos are great.

    Keep well

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't nuthatches such pretty birds! Ooh and your lilies are stunning!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete