Sunday 27 May 2012

A lovely weekend!

Hello everyone!

I have had a lovely weekend with my parents and my sister and brother in law.  It has been beautiful weather so we have spent most of it outdoors.  We had a bbq today and it was perfect! 

The main reason for our family gathering this weekend was the Eurovision song contest!  It is a family tradition that we all watch it together.  The contest is quite terrible and mostly full of bad singing and silly dancing but it is funny and we all enjoy it!

My sister had made Eurovision packs for us all! (I apologise for the not great photos, they were taken on my phone).



Inside was a score card, little Union Jacks and little cards to wave if we thought a song should have 'nil points' or the full '12 points'! She is a funny person!  It all added the the enjoyment of the event though!  She had also added little notes about why she loves us all!  What a sweet sister I have!



You may have noticed that on my lap is a project that I have been working on during the last week.  Here is a closer look.



I am making a cushion cover for a friend who has a birthday today actually.  The present is going to be a little late but she doesn't seem to mind.  Her lounge has a purple colour theme so I thought this would go well with it.  I have never done the bobble stitch before but it is actually very straightforward and I love the textured fabric that it is making.  I will show you it when it is finished.

I will leave you with another garden friend who visits regularly. 






This is Mrs Pheasant and she often comes with Mr Pheasant as well.  I am hoping they might bring baby pheasants one day!  They have become quite tame and sometimes come into the garden when we are out there and wander around with the chickens.  They like coming up the steps onto the decking where we have the bird feeder and they eat the seed that the birds have dropped.  I love these garden visitors and hearing their distinctive call.  I will try to get a better picture soon and one of Mr Pheasant as well.

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend in this beautiful weather we have been having.  It makes a lovely change doesn't it!  Hopefully it will last a little longer!

4 comments:

  1. Eurovision always makes me chuckle, how kind is your sister to make up your packs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I know, doesn't the sunshine make the world a better place :) fabulous family tradition! Loving the Eurovision packs - sounds like you had a super time!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember Eurovisions from years ago when we actually won sometimes! Whoops...showing my age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,Your Eurovision night sounds like such fun~how lovely to keep up the tradition,hope you have a great week,lots of love ,juliexoxox

    ReplyDelete